Microneedling is one of the aesthetic treatments to cure the skin and make it appear younger. It is also known as collagen induction therapy. Small wounds can result in the production of elastin and collagen. Microneedling helps in treating hair loss, acne, dark patches, scars, and reduced skin elasticity. Although there is no serious side effect of the process, you should take consent from your clients before starting the treatment. So, create your microneedling consent form and ask your clients to fill it out. Microneedling
There is no need to design the form manually. Templates of microneedling consent forms are available in the online world. You can download the form with a single click and start customizing it. You will save the time and effort of designing the form.
Purpose of the microneedling treatment Microneedling
The microneedling form should clearly state that the treatment is suited for treating the following condition.
- The uneven skin texture
- Loss of elasticity
- Epidermal thickness
- Lack of skin radiance
- Crow’s feet
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Dry skin and skin dullness
Microneedling contradictions Microneedling
Although microneedling is a safe treatment, some medical conditions can make it a risk for patients. Your form has to provide comprehensive information.
- Psoriasis- Microneedling makes the psoriasis symptoms worsened.
- Eczema- It is another skin disorder, which makes microneedling unsafe for patients.
- Acne- It can break out suddenly after undergoing the microneedling treatment.
- Rosacea- Rosacea causes inflammation, and after microneedling, the condition intensifies.
Moreover, patients taking blood thinning, blood pressure, and heart medications should avoid microneedling treatment. Other skin issues, which make this therapy unsafe, are actinic, raised moles, and fungal infections.
Those who have undergone radiation treatment in the past year should keep away from microneedling therapy. Pregnant women have to wait until they have given birth to a baby. Furthermore, those who have open wounds and active infections have to be careful before undergoing microneedling treatment.
What should your microneedling clients acknowledge?
- Before signing the microneedling consent form, your clients have to acknowledge that.
- The results of the treatment vary among individuals.
- A series of microneedling is needed to gain the best outcome
- Though candidates can anticipate good results, there are possibilities of complications
- There is no guarantee of achieving success in the treatment.
- The result from micro-needling treatment may not be permanent. The condition will naturally degrade over time.
Candidates should also acknowledge that their questions about the microneedling process are answered clearly.
Side effects of microneedling
While creating the microneedling consent form, you have to clearly declare the side effects of the treatment.
Microneedling results in sun sensitivity and skin irritation. So, your clients have to use sunscreen lotion every day. The form has to give instructions to your clients. Those who have redness and skin irritation after treatment must not use any product containing retinoids and glycolic acid.
You can also give skincare instructions to your patient. As the skin remains sensitive after receiving the treatment, it is safe to avoid skin care products, sun exposure, makeup, and sweating. After having the treatment, the candidates should hydrate the skin, use collagen-stimulating peptides, and apply a cooling mask. Antioxidant serum needs to be avoided during the post-treatment period.
General information about the treatment
The well-structured microneedling consent form has to inform candidates what they would expect from the treatment-
- Depending on the part of the body or face to be treated and the device used, the process is well-tolerated.
- The treatment is painless, although it may cause a slight prickling sensation.
- The practitioner has to use a topical anesthetic on the affected skin to minimize discomfort and pain.
- The treated part may become red or pink in appearance (like a sunburn).
- Bruising and minor bleeding may be noticed after treating the skin with needling multiple times.
- Candidates will feel that their skin will become itchy, tight, and warm. But, these feelings would subside within 12 to 48 hours.
A microneedling consent form available on online sites like Aesthetics Forms is advantageous for treatment providers. They can download the form from here. It is a reliable online platform and tailors the design. As the content of the form is already written, there is no need to do it manually. Drag-and-drop designs of the form will save you time.
The candidates should read the details of the form thoroughly before giving permission to the therapist. The micro-needling process is harmless. Still, candidates have to take precautionary steps to avoid negative reactions. They should also give clear information about your current conditions, like sores, blisters, and other medical conditions. They must acknowledge that they do not have a history of viral infections, rashes, autoimmune diseases, and open lesions.
As a treatment provider, you have a responsibility to ask different questions to your patients. Be careful while creating your microneedling consent form.