According Future Market Insights analysis, frozen mackerel market is set to expand at 5.8% CAGR between 2021 and 2031. COVID-19 spurred a surge in demand as consumers exhibited higher inclination for healthy eating.
Driven by this, frozen mackerel sales grew by 5% between 2020 and 2021. Against this backdrop, FMI projects the frozen mackerel market valuation to surpass US$ 1.05 Bn in 2021.
The demand for frozen mackerel derived from aquaculture will continue rising, propelled by its high yield at low cost. Despite this, wild catch is expected to account for over 55% of frozen mackerel sourced by 2031.
Get | Download Sample Copy with Graphs & List of Figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-13246
Food service applications are among the fastest growing sales channels for frozen mackerel. Over 75% of seafood consumers, from millennials to baby boomers felt the need for consuming sustainable food. Owing to this, the demand for seafood derived from well-managed sources rather than oceans has grown.
This indicates the readiness of the seafood consumers to accept the change of sources of their food, which also is reflected in their eating habits. Using frozen mackerel also helps restaurants in maintaining menu transparency, thereby aiding their growth. Spurred by these factors, frozen mackerel sales will continue rising through the course of the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from the Frozen Mackerel Market Study
- Horse mackerel will continue leading the market with a share of 55% in 2021. Their easier availability in larger stocks will aid expansion in this segment.
- Whole round mackerel products dominates as top-selling type. It will account with a share of 39% in the year 2021, driven by advantages in logistics and shelf life.
- Inclusion of mackerel in menus, rising disposable income, and increasing awareness about health benefits are driving sales in the U.S. frozen mackerel market. It is estimated to be valued US$ 35.6 Mn in the year 2021.
- China will a value share of 42.9% in East Asia market in 2021. However, it is expected to lose ground to Japan and South Korea in East Asia by the end of 2031.
- Thailand will hold over 30% of the South Asia market in 2021, reflecting growth at a CAGR of 6.4% through the end of the assessment period.
Organic Frozen Mackerel Gaining Traction
Increasing awareness regarding health and wellness is increasing scope for expansion across the globe. Consumers are becoming cautious about ingredients used as well as the source of ingredients in food products. The addition of chemicals or additives, has become a matter of concern as consumers are at wary of adverse reactions.
Consequently, they are exhibiting greater preference for natural and organic products. The production of organic frozen mackerel is limited. Products that are chemical-free, all natural, or organic are increasingly in demand, especially in the U.S. and Europe markets.
Organic and chemical-free mackerel is at new in the frozen product portfolio and is found to be beneficial for health. Driven by this, manufacturers are focusing on certifications to help gain the trust of consumers and offer greater transparency regarding ingredients used.
Frozen seafood products account for almost one third of all seafood consumed worldwide, with finfish accounting for slightly more than half of all fresh and frozen items. Players in the frozen mackerel market are striving to develop novel product offering for ready-to-cook frozen mackerel with products like skinless and boneless fillets of frozen mackerel.
Some of the leading companies offering Frozen Mackerel are Ocean Treasure, Kihada Fisheries Co., Ltd, Seven Star Ocean Fisheries Limited, Pinetree Vietnam Company Limited, Subo International Holland, Oman Fisheries Co.S.A.O.G, LONGSHENG AQUATIC PRODUCTS CO.,LTD, Lotana LV LTD, DAISUI CO.,LTD, SARMA FISH S.A.R.L and other.
Frozen Mackerel Market by Category
- Wild Catch
- Whole Round
- Others (flap,Etc)
By Sales channel
- Direct Sales
- Retail Sales
- Modern Trade
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Food Stores
- Wholesale Stores
- Discount Stores
- Online Retail
- Other Retail Formats
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Animal Feed
- Pet Food
- Food Service
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Ask Our Analyst More about Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-13246
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What is frozen mackerel market size?
Driven by sustainable fishing and consumer health concerns, the global frozen mackerel market is likely to value US$ 1,054.1 Mn in 2021 and it is expected to reach US$ 1,858.0 Mn in 2031.
- At what rate did the frozen mackerel market expand in the last five years?
According to FMI’s analysis, frozen mackerel sales have grown at 4.4% CAGR between 2016 and 2020.The market’s valuation stood at over US$ 1 Bn in 2020.
- What are the key trends shaping the frozen mackerel market?
There is increasing focus on sustainable fishing and aquaculture in the market. Companies are currently focusing on the logistics for frozen foods. Besides this, marketing efforts and different cuts and flavorings are gaining traction.
- What are the key factors driving frozen mackerel market demand?
Key factors fuelling the demand for frozen mackerel include better yield from selective breeding programs, increasing consumption of protein-based food products, and health benefits associated with consumption of mackerel.
- What is the cumulative share of top five companies in the frozen mackerel market?
According to FMI analysis, over 5% of the market share is covered by Ocean Treasure, Kihada Fisheries Co., Ltd, Subo International Holland, Seven Star Ocean Fisheries Limited, and Pinetree Vietnam Company Limited.
- Which are the key exporting countries of frozen mackerel?
China, Japan, Norway, Denmark, and Mauritania are the key exporters of frozen mackerel.